A lively and informative guide, Right Time Baby dispels many of the outdated myths concerning older motherhood and gives useful advice for increased fertility and a healthy baby. Conceived as media-friendly and easy to digest, it hits the Zeitgeist and empowers later mums rather than adding to their anxiety.
The past ten years has seen the conception rate for European women over thirty-five soar. This trend is international and increasing as we get healthier. The subject is rarely out of the news with many celebrities having children later. Women today postpone childbearing due to higher education, pursuing careers and enjoying their independence. They also spend longer looking for the right partner.
The quirky, personable narrative is the book’s main voice but various inserts reveal facts, quotes, practical tips and useful information. The chapters are bite size on everything you need to know about conception, pregnancy, childbirth and the baby’s first year. It is a book to dip into covering all the medical concerns but also incorporating holistic opinions and more up-to-date integrated approaches. The book includes pregnancy yoga, parenting trends and the latest research in neuroscience, nutrition and psychology. It also covers:
• preparing for pregnancy and motherhood
• how to improve egg quality and prolong fertility so you can get pregnant naturally
• exercises, relaxation techniques, mind-body connection for conception
• how to increase your chances of success at IVF
• making the most of your pregnancy, month by month
• ways to avoid miscarriage
• pregnancy yoga and natural remedies for common pregnancy ailments
• how to have the best birth possible
• from me to mum – adjusting to lack of sleep, relationship changes and that other job
• parenting secrets and concepts from around the globe to inspire new mothers
Packed full of useful tips from top medical experts, scientists and world authorities, including Ina May Gaskin and Dr Marilyn Glenville, this book is a complete guide for the woman who’s lived a full life before giving birth. Right Time Baby is an intelligent, entertaining book aimed at inspiring the biggest transition of any woman’s life.
Claudia Spahr was born in Yorkshire to Swiss parents and educated at Bradford Girls’ Grammar School. At age fifteen her family left the rolling hills of Bronte-land for the alpine pastures of Switzerland. Aside from the mild culture shock, school was in German but luckily Claudia just about passed her Baccalaureate. She began her studies at Berne University and then returned to the UK, where she completed a BA in Writing and Publishing with Film and Literary Studies.Claudia began her radio career at the BBC German Service in London and then trained as a journalist with Swiss Radio Int...
More about Claudia Spahr